Chartered in September 1937, Texasgulf FCU served the employees and their families of the Texasgulf Sulphur Company in New Gulf, Texas. Texasgulf FCU continued to exclusively serve the employees of the sulphur company and their families for fifty-five years until the sulphur reserves started to deplete.
Wanting to continue to serve the community, Texasgulf FCU applied for and was granted to become a Community Chartered credit union in 1992. That enabled Texasgulf FCU to continue to serve the residents in New Gulf, but also anyone who lived, or worked, or worshiped, or attended school in Wharton County. Also, those individuals’ family members were also eligible for membership no matter where they lived in the world.
In February 1994, Texasgulf FCU moved from New Gulf to Wharton at 2015 N. Fulton St. In 2001, a drive through facility with an ATM was built for the convenience of our members. In November 2005, Texasgulf FCU opened the doors to a branch in El Campo to better serve the residents of Wharton County.
Continuing to grow, Texasgulf FCU needed more office space and a larger lobby to better serve our members. On April 9, 2012, Texasgulf FCU open the doors to a larger building built onto its drive through facility at 2101 N. Fulton St.
Today with over 11,660 members and assets over $96.6 million, Texasgulf FCU has grown into a strong, sound financial cooperative without forgetting our past and the relationships that we’ve made over the years.
Without them, we wouldn’t be here today.
Thank You.Go to main navigation