Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update - 3/25/2020
A Message From The CEO
There is no greater priority than the health and safety of our Credit Union family of members and employees. Texasgulf FCU is monitoring the situation closely and will make adjustments as necessary. I believe it is important to reach out to you directly with an update on our plans to continue to serve you safely and effectively through this evolving situation.
Our Management Team is closely following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and regulatory agencies to respond properly. Our foremost goal is to keep staff healthy and continue to offer services to members throughout this pandemic event.
We have taken a number of precautions within our branch offices for the health and safety of our communities, including closing the lobby, daily disinfecting process for all high-touch areas, providing employees hand sanitizers, disposable gloves, and cleaning wipes to help protect members and employees.
Keeping you informed:
- We are offering full services through the drive through, over the phone, and with our mobile app and internet banking
- If a health safety order is issued in our area, essential businesses should remain open, this includes Banks and Credit Unions
- We are allocating resources to insure we can serve as many members as possible throughout this period of uncertainty, we may restrict some services as needed to enable us to serve more members efficiently
- We are working diligently to keep staff healthy so there is no interruption in service, please share your appreciation for our team’s dedication and hard work
We realize that some members may face challenges in the weeks ahead. We want you to know that we are here to support and serve you, please call if you have any questions about your loans or deposit accounts. We will continue to share updates about what we are doing to protect our members and employees.
The Board and Leadership of Texasgulf FCU have worked hard to build a safe and sound credit union since 1937, we have weathered a few storms, and we will make it through this one as well.
We appreciate your continued confidence,
CEO Texasgulf FCU
Here’s What You Can Do
Enroll in Electronic & Mobile Banking: Please sign up for Online Banking and download our Mobile App to safely access your accounts from your computer or mobile device so you can bank from anywhere, 24/7.
Check our Website: We will continue to post updates on the latest information about our branches and operational hours.
Speak directly to a Tg FCU representative over the phone.
- Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm
- Wharton Branch – 979.282.2300
- El Campo Branch – 979.578.9000
Drive-thru and ATMs - Make deposits, obtain cash, and more!
- Monday-Friday: 7:30am -5:30pm
- Online and Mobile Banking – use your smartphone or tablet to deposit checks, pay bills and transfer funds
- VISA Debit Card and ATM
- 24/7 Phone Center
Remember, you can use your debit card to receive cash back at most Point of Sale (POS) locations.
We encourage all members to be diligent at monitoring your accounts and be mindful of the phishing scams and scare tactics that arise in these situations with the goal of obtaining your personal account information. If you receive an email or text that appears suspicious, please contact Tg FCU.
Update as of March 18, 2020
As of March 18, 2020, Texasgulf FCU has decided to close the lobbies of both branches to abide by the CDC’s latest recommendation on social distancing. However, drive-thru banking will be operational and offering full service.
Texasgulf FCU is closely monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19) and implementing best practices to keep our members safe. The health and safety of our members and employees are top priority for us, which is why we are taking these precautionary steps to help minimize the risk.
We recognize that the severity and longevity of the health threat is still unclear but rest assured, we are here to help see you through.
What You Can Do
We encourage our members to use drive-thrus, ATM’s, and our online services for handling a wide range of transactions without leaving your home or office.
- Check account balances and transfer funds
- View detailed account history
- Pay your TgFCU loans or other bills using our BillPay services
- Deposit checks with the mobile deposit app
Members can also open accounts and apply for loans and credit cards using our telephone services. We use DocuSign to securely send and receive signed documents to and from our members. If needed, please call for an appointment.
Don’t forget, our 24/7 telephone banking system is available for a variety of inquiries and transactions by phone.
To minimize the Risk to employees and members:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough and sneeze, and wash your hands after
- Wash and sanitize your hands often, especially after using an ATM
- Stay at home when you feel sick
It’s our responsibility to serve you, and Texasgulf FCU will continue to take necessary steps as warranted and will work closely with local heath and public officials.
Find the latest updates and full list of recommendations from the CDC, please see Center for Disease Control.
Go to main navigation